When you visit the Lighthouse RV Park, you will discover a world of relaxation and adventure. You can enjoy any one of a number of outdoor adventures or relax and enjoy your day on our seaside deck watching eagles and kingfishers and all of the seaside activities that make this such a unique location.
Lighthouse RV Park
Salmon fishing guides, birding, biking, hiking and kayaking are located nearby for your convenience.
Golf at one of six area courses, spend an afternoon at one of our majestic BC Parks, (Rosewall Creek Provincial Park is just 2 kms away!) or take your family on a walk along the beach and discover the amazing ocean life just outside your front door.
From the Lighthouse RV Park you can see DenmanIsland and the Chrome Island Lighthouse. Denman Island is in a unique West Coast rainforest ecosystem and features sandy beaches, rocky coves and lush forests. Our provincial parks provide hiking trails, swimming, kayaking and fishing activities.
Hornby Island is an amazingly beautiful Gulf Island. Guests can visit the incredible bluffs at Helliwell Provincial Park and be inspired by the majestic Garry Oak trees. You may even see orca whales and sea lions. Or visit Tribune Bay Provincial Park with its wide sandy beach and unusually sculptured cliffs and rocks. Tribune Bay is the favourite sunbathing area for locals and visitors alike.
Denman and Hornby Islands are a short ferry ride from the Lighthouse RV Park. The ferry is located a few kilometers north of the Lighthouse RV Park at Buckley Bay. For information on ferry schedules visit our links page BC Ferries Web Site.
The Fanny Bay Oyster Factory offers tours of their facility and is located next to the park. You can also purchase their products at the Fanny Bay Oysters’ The Seafood Shop at the Denman Island ferry terminal where you can purchase fresh oysters alive in the shell or freshly shucked and clams, scallops, shrimp, prawns, and other fresh seafood and fish depending on the season.
On the way west to the Pacific Coast, and 20 minutes before the town of Port Alberni (a deep water port that accesses the Pacific Ocean), one can visit a true example of original old-growth natural forest. Cathedral Grove with towering Western Red cedars that are hundreds of years old, was preserved from the MacMillan Bloedel forest lands. Two and a half hours to the west of the Lighthouse RV Park you can visit Canada’s awesome Pacific Rim National Park and the communities of Tofino & Ucluelet located on Canada’s most western shores. Summer beachcombing is the norm and winter storm watching is nothing less than spectacular especially at Long Beach within the Pacific Rim Park itself. Long Beach is considered one of the best body surfing areas on the entire Pacific Coast of North America.
we’re surronded by adventure
Lighthouse Country Trail
Mountain Bike Trails
Deep Bay Marine Field Station
Horne Lake Caves
Denman and Hornby Island
- Check in time is 1:00 PM. Unscheduled early check-ins will be charged an additional night;
- Check-Out time is 11:00 AM. Unscheduled late check-outs will be charged an additional night;
- Weekly and Nightly Rates are based on occupancy of 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 12;
- Weekly and Nightly: Additional persons under 12 charged $3.00 per night;
- Weekly and Nightly: Additional persons over 12 charged $5.00 per night;
- Monthly Rates: Additional person charged $100.00 per month;
- Rates include one passenger vehicle per site;
- Additional vehicles are charged $5.00 per night or $25.00 per week. Other than the Pull-through sites. Many RV sites cannot accommodate additional passenger vehicles. Guests MUST park extra vehicles in designated parking area.
- CABLE: Guest must request a cable box from the RV Park. We charge $5.00 per day or $25.00 per week for cable boxes. If a guest requires RV Park staff to connect the Cable box a fee of $25.00 will be charged. Additional cable services are charged at $75.00 per hour (1-hour minimum) for trouble shooting or RV Cable repair.
- MOORAGE: RV Park Guests are authorized to use the boat launch and moorage area. Launch fees are $10.00. Daily moorage rates are $1.00 per foot. Moorage must be reserved in advance. Weekly and monthly moorage rates are available on request.
- All rates subject to change without notice;
- Rates do not include applicable taxes;
- All rates are in Canadian funds.
- Nightly, Weekly, Group and Monthly Reservation are subject to a 50% deposit;
- All Nightly, Weekly and Group deposits are subject to a non-refundable deposit equal to a 1-night stay;
- A refund of Nightly and Weekly reservation will be issued if cancelled by e-mail, 15 days prior to check-in date;
- A refund of Group and Monthly reservation will be issued in cancelled by e-mail, 30 days prior to check-in date;
- Deposits will not be refunded if cancellations are made 14 days prior to check-in;
- Nightly cancellations are subject to a $25.00 administration fee;
- Weekly cancellations are subject to a $50.00 administration fee;
- Group and Monthly cancellations are subject to a $150.00 administration fee;
- Deposits will not be refunded for cancellations that are outside of our control such as cancellations due to weather, vehicle issues or delays such as BC Ferries;
- No-Shows will be charged the full amount of the reservation;
- Dogs and Cats are welcome at the Lighthouse RV Park (2 pets per site)
- Pets must be leashed at all times. (Cats included)
- You must clean up after your pets. This includes the beach and beachfront area.
- Aggressive pets will not be tolerated. The Lighthouse RV Park reserves its right to have guests vacate the RV Park without refund (This has only happened once)
- Dogs and Cats are the only pets allowed on the Lighthouse RV Park property. Chicken coops or other enclosures are not permitted on the RV Park Property.
- Any violation of the pet policies will result in a warning. Guest will be fined for further violations.
- Check-In time is 1:00 PM, Check-Out time is 11:00 AM
- Unscheduled early check-ins (before 1:00pm) will be charged an additional 1-night stay;
- Quite time is between 11:00 PM and 9:00 AM. Guest scheduled to check-out are authorized to pack-up and prepare for departure prior to 9:00 AM;
- The Lighthouse RV Park reserves the right to move RV’s to another site if required, prior notice will be provided; (This is a rare occurrence)
- 5th wheels, travel trailers, motorhomes and truck campers only;
- Visitors must check in with RV Park Management. Visitors will require a parking pass and are not permitted to park in the RV Park. Guest Parking will be arranged.
- RV Park guests are responsible for their visitors and guests;
- Without prior approval of RV Park staff, no visitors after past 10:00 PM.
- Vehicles MUST be parked on the RV Site. NOT ON THE GRASS.
- Many RV sites cannot accommodate 2 passenger vehicles. Guests MUST park extra vehicles in designated parking area.
- Outdoor carpets are not permitted. A doormat that does not exceed 3’ x 5’ will be permitted in order to keep the grass alive.
- Guests and visitors of RV Park guests must check in with RV Park Management. Guest visitors will need a parking pass and are not permitted to park in the RV Park. Guest Parking will be arranged.
- Temporary fencing or pet enclosures are not permitted within the RV Park property;
- Clothes lines and air drying of laundry within the RV Park property is not permitted. Management must authorize air drying in special circumstances such as duvets and large sleeping bags.
- Storage canopies and permanent structures are not permitted within the RV Park property;
- Excessive storage and clutter will not be tolerated. The Lighthouse RV Park is a tourist accommodation, not a storage facility. Management will be happy to provide you with a contact number for a storage facility.
- Nightly and Weekly guest may install one canopy or tent on their RV site. Sides must be see-through. Monthly guests must ask management for approval prior to installing a canopy, tent or any other structure other than their RV.
- RV Guest are authorized to store a reasonable amount of firewood for two-nights on their RV site. Excessive firewood storage is not permitted.
- Guests are not permitted to move the fire-pit rings.
- Do not use firepit as garbage cans. Do not leave garbage in fire pits or burn garbage in fire pits.
- No Cutting or Damaging trees or other vegetation;
- Other than during a power outage, generators are not permitted.
- Other than Bar-B-Ques and camping specific appliances. Household appliances left outdoors are not permitted (deepfreezes, refrigerators, etc. )
- A 15-year age limit on RV’s for monthly guests.
- Threatening or abusive conduct towards RV Park staff will not be tolerated. Abusive guests will be asked to vacate the RV Park.
- After one verbal warning fines will be issued to guest that fail to comply with the RV Park rules and policies.